2018 Waterloo Club Membership
Friday, December 29, 2017 (22:00:47)
Posted by GordoMK
2018 is almost here and Waterloo Disc Golf Club (WDGC) is ready for a full year of disc golf fun in the beautiful City of Austin, Texas! This is the perfect opportunity to renew your annual club membership to help support our ongoing efforts to improve disc golf in our town. If you aren’t yet current on your 2018 club membership, now is the time, and if you aren’t a club member now is a great time to join.
To make it much easier, you can now renew and join online! Disc Golf United (DGU), a great online tournament registration site, is now set up to take Waterloo Club renewals and new members too. Here is the link to the page, just choose which option you would like, cus1 – cus5 are the Renewal options: 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, or renew for your lifetime. Cus6 & cus7 are New Member options. DGU Waterloo Club Membership
Waterloo’s highlights in 2017…
• Big Tournaments: 18th Annual Ice Bowl in February; Young at Heart 5, Parent/Child Doubles in March; 40th Annual Waterloo Disc Golf Classic in October
• Course Workdays: 11 workdays spread out during the year at Bartholomew, Circle C, Roy G, and Zilker; $750+ spent on course maintenance and improvements ($24,600+ spent in past 10 years)
• Charity Fundraising:
$9,000 for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central TX (grand total since the late 1990s of more than $126,000)
$1,000 and 197 pounds of food for Central Texas Food Bank (grand total since 2000 of more than $13,000 and 4,100 pounds of food)
$1,250 for E.D.G.E. (grand total since 2004 of nearly $7,500)
Partnered with Disc Nation to raise 127 pounds of food and many, many boxes of clothes and supplies for Hurricane Harvey evacuees in Austin and others in need, plus hundreds of golf discs for families in the city shelter across the street from the Met Center course
• Smaller Events: Bart Minis every Saturday morning; Spring, Summer, and Fall Leagues at Zilker on Thursday evening that averaged more than 70 players each league this year
• Sponsorship: supported 37 tournaments and events with over $10,000 in cash, merchandise, and equipment
• Membership: 52 new club members, bringing Waterloo DGC’s total membership to 607
Club Membership Renewal Prices: Get a $10 Disc Nation certificate with your membership renewal – that means one year really only costs you $5 bucks!
1 Year: $15
3 Years: $40 ($5 discount)
5 Years: $65 ($10 discount)
10 Years: $125 ($25 discount)
Lifetime Renewal: $300 (your own new BFF! Waterlooooo!)
We have three easy ways to renew:
1) online through the DGU site DGU Waterloo Club Membership
2) mail in a check (to Waterloo DGC, PO Box 33531, Austin, TX, 78764)
3) pay with cash or check in-person at the Ice Bowl on Feb. 3rd at Zilker
If your address, phone number, or email has changed recently, please note the change with your payment.
The club’s 2018 goal is to reach 650 members by year’s end. We need you to join the club, keep your membership current AND get your friends to join. If you are already a member, You may be due for renewal. To check your status, go to Waterloo Club Member List. This link will take you directly to a Google Document showing our member list as a .pdf file. If the far right-hand column next to your name is blank, or says “Current Through 2017”, then it’s time to renew!! Not sure if you are already a member? You can check this same list (it is sorted alphabetically by last name).
You can also find a Google Docs link to the member list on our Facebook page (Waterloo Club Facebook Page), or send us an email to ask (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Waterloo Disc Golf Club is continuing as a PDGA Affiliate Club in 2018. Any current club member that wishes to join the PDGA or renew their PDGA membership through the club will receive a $5 discount on those membership fees. If you are interested in getting the Waterloo Club discount, contact us for the coupon code, then click on the following link: PDGA Membership
• Choose “Join Now” or “Renew Now” and enter your information
• When you get to the payment screen, enter the code in the “Coupon” field to get your $5 discount.
For more information about club membership renewals, or the club in general, you can call the WDGC cell phone at (512) 994-9508, email us at email@example.com, or check out our Facebook page, Waterloo Club Facebook Page.
Thank you for your support of Waterloo Disc Golf Club!
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
And “Thank You” to Disc Nation for their year-round sponsorship of the club and their support for all we do!
Disc Nation Website